- For this challenge you must create a tri-set of icons, each featuring something symbolic of St. Patrick's Day. I'm providing a list of things to choose from:
- “Get your Green on!” - In addition to the provided list of themes, all the icons should have a large dose of the color green!
- The Shamrock – St. Patrick was known for using a clover as an example when he taught, so any use of a clover will fit this theme.
- Feasting – St. Patrick's Day is traditionally a feasting day, so show a party atmosphere, preferably with food or drink!
- “Kiss Me, I'm Irish” - You know the saying! Show a kissing couple
- Sports – Lot's of sports fans know there's a good game of something on St Patty's day. Show any type of sport for this theme!
- Leprechauns – Use some sort of text that would make you think of a Leprechaun. Like “Pot of gold” or something like that.
- Pinch – If you don't wear green you get a pinch, so if you choose this theme you have to show someone either teasing, or in pain. You can also ignore the “must be green” for this icon only.
- Dye It Green – A tradition for St. Patrick's Day is to dye water green, so for this icon you can change something that was originally a different color to green. Extra bonus points if there's water featured as well!
- “You're Drunk” - We know it happens... more fines are passed to intoxicated people during St. Patrick's Day then any other holiday. Show someone drunk.
- 'Alice' – In Rolla, Missouri science students used to create a pit of green liquid called 'Alice' that people would step into. Stepping into Alice was a rite of bravery. It was banned due to health concerns. For this icon you need to show someone being brave, or having to do something disgusting.
- If you know of any other good traditions to add, please share them!
- You can also use these promotional banners to spread the word!
- It took me forever to find images with anime/manga characters holding/with a clover, so I have no idea what any of these are from... you can find the originals here on ZeroChan.
- If there are enough icons for voting the winners will receive banners and the first place winner can choose if they want a custom userhead or a v-gift (since I started participating at remixed and now I have LJ-tokens sitting around)
- All participants have the option of receiving a participation banner at the end if they so choose. Just say if you want one when you enter your icons~
- You can enter as many sets as you like!
- The tri-set can be mixed anime/manga
Do not show your icons anywhere before the icons are revealed.
- Icons must fit the LJ standard of 100x100, and 40kbs
- All icons are due by Wednesday, March 16
- Please use this format when posting submissions. You may enter as many times as you like, but please try to keep all your submissions in one comment.
- Direct Links:
Themes Used: (put the themes here, provide an explanation if you don't think it's clear enough on it's own)
If there aren't enough icons for voting, I'll do a showcase and provide participation banners to the participants. I'm hoping there will be enough icons for voting though~